Some people say they want to be taught basic compute skills but I am not sure that those are easy to learn on the fly in a short time or in a class at a pace for somebody. You’ll need a lesson with some though in how to share concepts but mixed to independently practice some concept until your get the concepts behind the specific hands on procedures.
If you try to write a procedure for everything you do that will be over whelming. Instead try to fill your knowledge toolbox with basic concepts and then apply those concepts to solve hundreds of problems.
10 Basic computer productivity concepts
- What is a computer hardware and how does it turn on and interconnect.
- How to store files and how to organize them in drives, folders and sub folders so you can find them.
- What are the most basic common software programs. How do software menus work?
- How to use a browser on the internet and basic rules for safer internet browsing.
- Social media basics
- Using cloud based tool to save time money and frustration
- Basic computer hardware and software maintenance and choosing your suppliers and support partners
- Backing up data and affordably redundancy for essential tasks and systems
- Safe resources for finding answers when you get stuck on more advanced problems.
- Applying the same concepts to your phones and tablets.
The right experience requires, some sort plan, some visuals, and to be at your own computer so you can pause and try it out. So learning online is a great place to start or continue your journey.
I also suggest learning by immersion. That means that you might listen to a couple videos that might have topics beneath you and also some topics over your head. Blast though them anyway. Along the way make notes of your questions. You may find the answers if you keep watching. Or you can see if you can find the answer later on YouTube.
Here, are some videos I found on basic computing:
About 369,000 results
A tutorial made especially for middle school students with little to no experience managing or organizing files using Windows 7.
- 4 years ago
- 25,458 views
Download the icons pack here: http://www.clevertechie.com/files/icons.zip Learn the best way to organize files, folders and …
- 2 years ago
- 42,611 views
In this video Windows 7 Tutorial, you will learn how to manage your files and folders in Windows 7. You will get complete …
- 5 years ago
- 9,661 views
Learn how to easily manage files and folders using time-saving techniques for Windows. Send your training ideas to …
- 7 years ago
- 62,064 views
This computer basics tutorial explains how files, folders, and directories work. Watch more at …
- 6 years ago
- 38,228 views